We Value Your Privacy
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By continuing to visit our website (www.CoronationMB.com) and other CoronationMB customer touchpoint, you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy.
Information We Collect and Use
- We collect information about you from a variety of sources, such as website visits, applications, identification documents, personal financial statements, interactions with relationship managers, and other third parties (credit bureaus, payment gateway) and other written or electronic communications reflecting information such as your name, address, passport details, identification numbers, telephone number, occupation, assets, income and any other information we deem necessary. We may also gather information from publicly available sources such as the press, public search engines, the press, etc
- We may also use your transactional account history including your account balance, payment records, and debit/credit card usage. We may also use the information received from third parties such as family, solicitors, friends or employers, website/ social media pages made public by you, government agencies, regulators, supervisory or credit agencies.
- We may also collect other information such as video footages of you whenever you step into any of our branches, geographic information of any of our branch ATMs when you use our ATMs or login into our electronic channels.
Non- Personal Information Collected by Us
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer or mobile devices whenever you visit a website. Cookies have many uses, such as memorizing your preferences so as to tailor your experiences while on our site– or to help us analyse our website traffic.
- Some cookies are essential to access certain areas of this site;
- We use analytics cookies to help us understand how you use our site to discover what content is most useful to you
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device.
- Web browser used – software manufacturer, and version number
- Operating system
- Screen colours
- Flash version
- Screen resolution
- Network location and IP address
- Geographic data
- Connection bandwidth
- Time of visit
- Pages visited and dwell time on these pages
- Referring site
- The referring website URL
- Search engine query used
Some cookies are required to make our website work, but we need your consent to use others. The cookie categories are:
|Strictly Necessary||These cookies are required to run our website, to keep it secure, and to obey regulations that apply to us. These cookies are essential even if customer declines to the collection of cookies.|
|Functional||These cookies remember your region or country, language, accessibility options and your settings.|
|Performance||These cookies tell us how customers use our website. We study and profile this data to help us improve our products and performance|
|Marketing||These cookies help us decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you. We may use this data to tailor the ads you see on our own and other websites and apps.|
We do not use third-party cookies on our website.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is collected, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. Since browsers differ, we recommend that you access the Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn your cookies off, some of the features that make your site, experience more efficient may not function properly.
Where you can find more information about cookies
Use of Your Personal Information
Any personal information provided by you to CoronationMB will be used with your consent, for compliance with legal obligations or for the purposes of meeting legitimate interests of CoronationMB.
Your personal information is used in:
- Updating and enhancing CoronationMB’s records
- Establishing your identity and assessing applications for our products and services
- Pricing and designing our products and services
- Administering our products and services
- Managing our relationship with you
- Managing our risks and helping to identify and investigate illegal activity (i.e.), such as fraud
- Contacting you, for example in instances where we suspect fraud on your account or when the need arises to tell you about recent occurrences in the banking sector or some event(s) of significance.
- Conducting and improving our businesses and improving your experience with us
- Reviewing credit or loan eligibility.
- Prevention of money laundering or terrorism financing activities.
- Complying with our legal obligations and assisting government and law enforcement agencies or regulators/supervisors
- Identifying and informing you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
We may also collect, use and exchange your information in other ways permitted by law.
Information We Share
We may share the information about you and your dealings with us, to the extent permitted by law, with the following:
- CoronationMB’s Branches and Subsidiaries
- Regulators/Supervisors, Government Agencies/courts – It may be necessary by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence for CoronationMB to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.;
- External Auditors;
- CoronationMB’s staff;
- Credit Agencies;
- Correspondent banks;
- CoronationMB’s strategic partners/service providers – for the purpose of improving and providing our products and services to you. Your Personal information will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Information about our customers and their usage of our website is not shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. We do not disclose any information about any user’s usage of our web site except in specific cases, and we do not share information with any unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes unless you expressly give us permission to do so.
How We Protect Your Information
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent the loss, unauthorized access, misuse, modification or disclosure of information under our control.
Your personal information with us remains secure because:
- We use strict security measures and technologies to prevent fraud and intrusion.
- Our security controls and processes are regularly updated to meet and exceed industry standards.
- Our employees are trained to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us
Where we have provided you (or where you have chosen) a password grants you access to specific areas on our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We request that you do not share your password or other authentication details (e.g. token generated codes) with anyone.
Where We Store Your Information
How Long We Store Your Information
We retain your data for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) that it was collected. Storage of your data is also determined by legal, regulatory, administrative or operational requirements.
You have certain rights available to you, these include
- The right to access your personal information held by us. Your right of access can be exercised by sending an email to InformationSecurity@coronationmb.com
- The right to rectify inaccurate or incomplete information.
- withdraw consent for processing in cases where consent has previously been given.
- restrict or object to the processing of your data. We might continue to process your data if there are valid legal or operational reasons
You also have the right to:
- Request that your data be made available to you in a common electronic format and/or request that such data be sent to a third party.
- Request that your information be erased. We might continue to retain such data if there are valid legal, regulatory or operational reasons
Maintaining Accurate Information
Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important. You have access to your account information, which includes your contact information, account balances, transactions and similar information through various means, such as account statements and Internet Banking.
If you discover any inaccuracies in your personal information, please promptly notify us, via our branch network or Contact Centre, and provide the required documentary evidence, to enable us to implement the necessary updates or changes.
CoronationMB refers to Coronation Merchant Bank Limited and its subsidiaries (if any).
Coronation Merchant Bank Limited comprises of CoronationMB branches nationwide.
Third-Party Sites and Services
CoronationMB’s websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details is governed by their privacy practices and CoronationMB will not be liable for any breach of confidentiality or privacy of your information on such sites. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Social Media Platforms
Privacy of Children
CoronationMB’s Policy contains the following disclosure statement for children:
“CoronationMB respects the privacy of children. We do not knowingly collect names, email addresses or any other personally identifiable information from children. We do not knowingly market to children nor do we allow children under 18 to open online accounts.
CoronationMB may sometimes contact you with products or services that we think may be of interest to you. If you don’t want to receive such promotional materials from us, you can opt-out at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Privacy Officer:InformationSecurity@coronationmb.com
Tel: +234 (0)1-2797640-43
Visit the help centre or call :
+234 (0)1 236 6217