Complaint Handling Statement
This policy is planned on addressing complaints made to Coronation Merchant Bank Ltd.
We acknowledge that from time to time our customers may have reasons to be dissatisfied with our product or service. In such situations, we will take responsibility to resolve their complaints and turn them into learning points for service improvement.
Coronation Merchant Bank Ltd. seeks to maintain and enhance our reputation of providing customers with high-quality products and services. We value complaints as they assist us to improve our products, services and experience.
What is a complaint?
A complaint is an “expression of dissatisfaction made to or about an organization, relating to its products, services, and staff response on the resolution of a complaint- whether explicit or implicit, expected or legally required’’.
This approach has been designed to provide guidance to our customers on the process in which Coronation Merchant Bank Ltd. receives and manages complaints. We are committed to being consistent, fair and impartial when handling complaints.
How can a complaint be made?
You can make a complaint through any of our contact channels:
- By calling our CRC contact centre on 01-2797640-43
- By sending us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit any Coronation Merchant Bank Ltd. branch to speak directly to any of our Customer Service Representatives
- Relationship Manager: Customers may give feedback to their relationship managers by telephone or email
What Basic information do I need to make a complaint?
To help us resolve your complaint quickly and efficiently, please include:
- Your Account details: Account number and name.
- Name/Description of product or service being complained about
- Documents which support the complaint (if applicable)
- Transaction details such as;
- Date of transaction
- Transaction reference number
How do we resolve a complaint?
Here is what we do when a complaint is received:
- Upon receipt of a complaint via any of our channels, the complaint would be logged on our CRM which in turn will generate a Ticket Identification Number that is sent to the customer.
- We send you an acknowledgement email within 24 hours containing an auto-generated Ticket Identification Number.
- Review and investigate the issues raised and provide feedback on the resolution action taken.
- Where we require more time to enable us to carry out further review/investigation, we notify you and continue to provide updates until the issue is fully and satisfactorily resolved.
- Once final feedback is provided, we will carry out a root-cause analysis in order to modify/improve the service or process in question.
Where a customer is dissatisfied with the resolution outcome, the customer can appeal in writing within 30 days to the Head, Customer Experience who will ensure that a review is conducted and a decision communicated to the customer. The email is email@example.com.
Where a customer is still dissatisfied with the appeal outcome, he/she may seek an external review. Available options include:
The Consumer Protection Department (CPD) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
Plot 33, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Way
Central Business District – Cadastral Zone,
The Consumer Protection Council (CPC) – email@example.com
Plot 1105 Dar-es-Salaam Street
Off Aminu Kano Crescent Wuse II, Abuja.
We are here to help you. Find the answers and while you are at it, tell us how we could do better.